Homepage Forums Pregnancy 40 weeks and no sign of labour

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Jaysmama Jaysmama 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Mums
    mums
    Keymaster

Pls my fellow mums help ur sister out,am 40 weeks
    pregnant with my first baby but am yet to see any
    sign of labor,my doctor has adviced me to go for
    induction in my 41 weeks which is going to be next
    week and i really don’t want that. Pls what should i
    do to induce labor naturally. Also pray that God will
    grant me safe delivery soonest. Tnx in advance 4 ur
    prayers and advices. God bless u all—Charity

• #2495 Reply
    Jaysmama
    Jaysmama
    Participant

had a similar experience with my first child…I was anxious too and didn’t want to be induced… I took lot of walks, cos that was the only natural remedy I could think of…someone said to eat lots of pine apples. In the end my mum asked me to take castor oil that she used that for all her kids…I am someone who raises an eyebrow to traditional and non medical things but since I was anxious, I took it and started contraction which stopped after 5 hours. I was 41 weeks then and really was against induction…a doctor friend asked me to ask my doctor to do what is like cervical peeling to help me to start effacing fast cos my cervix hadn’t started effacing.

Long story short I was scheduled for induction at 41 weeks 3 days… when the day came I was 2cm and had to be induced.

Our bodies are different, the exercises could work for u cos it has helped lots of mums even the castor oil but speak to ur doctor first about its being safe and most of all relax…sometimes anxiety gets the better of us..*hugs hugs*

Reply To: 40 weeks and no sign of labour
Your information:

Online Video URL:
Apply Link

Supported video providers: Dailymotion LiveLeak Megavideo Metacafe Vimeo YouTube
Random Example: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-uV72pQKI[/video]

:wink::-|:-x:twisted::)8-O:(:roll::-P:oops::-o:mrgreen::lol::idea::-D:evil::cry:8-):arrow::-?:?::!:
Pick a color, any color... as long as it's black.
Link URL:
Link Name: (optional)
Apply Link
Image URL: Apply Image
Online Paste URL:
Apply Link

Supported Paste providers: Gist Pastebin

bbPress Post Toolbar Help

About

This toolbar allows simple click-to-add HTML elements.

For the options that are simple buttons (e.g. bold, italics), one can select text and then click the button to apply the tag around the selected text.

For the options at open panels (e.g. link), open the panel first, add the url to the text box (if link), then hit Apply Link. If it's font sizing or colors, then select the text and click the size you want, e.g., xx-small.

About bbPress Post Toolbar

Help

This toolbar allows simple click-to-add HTML elements.

Version 0.7.5 by master5o1.